While disagreements are common among community association residents, they can sometimes rise to the level of conflict.
Here are five tips for board members and managers to reduce conflict and potential liability:
- Actually enforce rules and regulations .
- Don’t play favorites. Boards must practice consistent enforcement of rules and regulations.
- Avoid bad decisions that lead to inconsistent enforcement. If a bad decision has already been made, recognize and reverse it.
- Ensure due process is provided to owners by providing notice and an opportunity to be heard.
- Stop unofficial enforcement. The consent (vote) of the entire board of directors is needed before telling an owner to do something as it relates to rules and regulations.
Learn more here.